"Commander in Chief"--I Liked it!

I'm probably the only person in the entire United States that has never seen a single episode of "Survivor" or "Fear Factor" or hardly any of the new "melodramas"--regardless of how slick their advance advertisements have been.

But I have been absolutely "enthralled" with ABC's new show, Commander in Chief starring Geena Davis.

I have waited all summer for this one....and it finally came to fruition.

Last night.

I think the plot was terrific, and the acting was superb.

Of course, being somewhat open-minded (others would call me a "flaming liberal"--but I'm really not anything close to that), I think the United States is well overdue a woman as the President of these "nifty Fifty."

Or at least in the role of Vice President.

I didn't vote for Geraldine Ferraro in 1984--and I think Walter Mondale made a colossal mistake in selecting her as his running mate. But I'm not sure he could have won that election regardless of whom he had selected for his VP mate.

But I do believe that now, 21 years removed, we are ready to have a strong, sensible, creative, and powerful woman in one of the top two slots in Washington DC.

So, who will it be?

And when?

1 comment:

Pastor Jeff said...

Phil, I gotta say, I haven't watched the show, but I am of the persuasion that ABC is testing the waters for Hilary presidency. As a right-winger, I sure don't want that! Anyway, thanks for putting me in touch with your pastor, we spoke for a while on thursday, he gave me some great advice. God bless.