And a Happy Holidays it is!

I have every intention of celebrating CHRISTmas...realizing that without the Birth of Christ, there would be no need for this holiday, or any other holiday for that matter.

But I refuse to get my "nighties in a knot" over how people use the season to issue greetings of one type or another.

The word "holiday" is actually derived from the phrase "holy day"--so no reason to be all paranoid and cantankerous.

I honestly believe that far too many CHRIST-followers get their blood pressures elevated when "lost people" behave like "lost people."

We want everyone to be "Christian-ized" whether they really do follow "Christ" or not. Or at least that's the impression I've been getting lately.

There are certain societal mores that should, need to be, and must be respected.

However insisting that everyone say "Merry Christmas" isn't one of them.

Unless I now live in the Vatican City.

And I don't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phil,
I never thought of it this way before. Good post.
Gretchen