My Christmas "sermon"

I've been invited to be the guest speaker in a local church on Christmas Eve Sunday morning for the regular worship gathering..I'm excited.

My pal, Pastor Byron Morrell, has invited me to fill his pulpit in the Greenville, South Carolina area for that special occasion. Actually, Byron and I have been buds since our college days more than 25 years ago. We were both VERY VERY young when we started our collegiate studies...LOL

I'm working on my Christmas message even now...some three weeks early. This is the thought I have running through my head:

The Questions of Christmas

Without tipping my entire hand, I've been thinking about four main points in the life of Christ--all starting at the birth in the manger: His cradle, His cup, His Cross, and His coming. I believe that all four events hold a profound and lasting meaning for Christ-followers. I'm convinced these events are not only powerful in the life of the individual follower, but in the community of followers, even more so. So, I want to find the right words, and convey just the right things to think about on this very special morning, celebrating the time when God stooped down to become a man.

Any ideas? I'd like to hear/read them. Go ahead, give it to me.

No comments: