Some things never change....

The very first song I sang in public after I entered my freshman year of college (Fall, 1980) is the following:


Someone who'll go the extra mile,
Just like a mother caring for her child,
Someone who'll stand through thick and thin
No matter what you've done or where you've been
Just like one great big family,
A stronger, older brother He will be..
So quick and ready to defend
the younger, weaker to the end.

And He's ever interceding
To the Father for His children
Yes, He's ever interceding
To the Father for His own.
Through Him you can reach the Father,
So bring Him all your heavy burdens,
Yes, for you, He's interceding
So come boldly to the throne.

Just like sheep, we've gone astray
Struggling beneath a debt, we could not pay.
Not ever hoping to renew
the love and fellowship that we once knew.
But He began to intercede,
Crying "Father, please forgive I plead..."
And as the nails pierced in His hands,
God once again, reached down to man.

************************************
As I sit hear in my office, I'm so grateful that Christ continually intercedes for me, and that He loves me, in spite of all the millions of times that I've sinned against Him, and have broken His heart.

I'm so humbled that this One--who holds the Universe together by the very words of His mouth (Hebrews Chapter One) would choose to redeem me, love me, care for me, and trade my broken life for one that is new.

It brings tears to my eyes to think that God--the Great Jehovah I AM, would walk with me, and talk with me, and tell me that I am His own. His very own!

He hears the intercessions of His Beloved Son!

And I'm so glad that He does!

No comments: