Now this one....

really takes the "cake"--as my sainted Granny Hoover used to say, before she went on to glory some fourteen years ago:

Yesterday was a "day off" for me, and I had big plans to go see my buddy Mark Brucato out in Wheaton--he's been my pal for almost 6 years now. He's a wonderful, godly, man...and I love him dearly.

Okay, so I get up, iron some clothes, and clean up the kitchen. Or at least I thought I did.

I was loading the dishwasher, and saw that I had NO dishwasher detergent (the powder in the box kind), and was a bit perplexed.

So I put just a little of the concentrated dishwashing liquid in my dishwasher.

I went in the bathroom to shower, shave, and get ready for the METRA ride out to Wheaton.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

When I came back into the kitchen, I had about seven inches of soap suds covering my kitchen floor...

I guess I really didn't learn anything watching "I Love Lucy" all those years, did I?

Go ahead, laugh.

Everyone else has.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no Phil.
Yes I am laughing.
Oh my goodness:-)
One of my fondest memories of my older and very wonderful and perfect cousin was when she was babysitting my little brother and my mother and I came home from wherever we'd been and my cousin was standing in the middle of the kitchen floor in tears mopping up a floor full of soap suds.
Well, at least your floor is clean now:-)
Hope your Sunday tomorrow is very restful:-)

Phil Hoover said...

Yes, friends and neighbors, I actually did that!

Darrell said...

I'm laughing Phil, but more because of memories than "at" you. Years ago one of my older sisters did what you did, only she filled the cup with dish soap. Oh my lord was it funny. There was soap suds throughout the kitchen, the dining room and in a bedroom. It was one of those moments you later wish you'd have filmed!