To Celebrate the "Season"

As I've mentioned before, Bill and Gloria Gaither are my absolute favorite songwriters alive today. These two humble servants of the Lord compiled a wonderful musical more than 20 years ago "We Are So Blessed"....and these words have been swimming around in my heart this week. I want to share them here for all to see:

We are so blessed, by the gifts from Your hand
We just can't understand why You loved us so much.
We are so blessed, we just can't find a way or the words that can say
Thank You, Lord, for Your touch.

CHORUS:
When we're empty You fill us 'til we overflow

When we're hungry You feed us, and cause us to know.
We are so blessed, take what we have to bring,
Take it all, everything, Lord, we love you so much.

We are so blessed by the things You have done,
The victories we've won and what You've brought us through.
We are so blessed, take what we have to bring, Take it all everything,
Lord, we bring it to You.

Yes, we are indeed a blessed people. Everytime I think of all the things that I "want" I am reminded of all the wonderful blessings that I "have." Most of them are completely intangible--and eternal.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Diane Viere said...

They are mine too! Love, Love, LOVE their videos!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Diane