Why Bush-Cheney will not get my vote

I'm a registered Republican...and I'm sorely disappointed in the current Administration.

I will not vote for a second term of the current Bush-Cheney Administration. Here's why:

1. While the invasion of Iraq was both necessary and inevitable, it was ill-planned, unfinanced, and has been poorly executed, by and large. The only very positive thing is that Iraq now has a fledgling chance at democracy--and the heavy emphasis is on "fledgling."

2. The Vice President's old company, HALLIBURTON has bilked the American taxpayer (that would include ME) out of more than 6 billion dollars--according to the GAO. There have been no repercussions, and there probably won't be any either.

3. ENRON executives, the Houston-based thugs who have financially raped hundreds of workers (and many of their retirees) are still running on the lose--while the current Justice Department had to make sure that Martha Stewart paid her debt to society--which she never harmed in the first place. I don't even like Martha, but I find myself defending her.

4. Defense Secretary Rumsfeld has all but allowed the brave military personnel under his portfolio to be demoralized, causing unnecessary detriment to many families--active duty, guardsmen/women, and reservists. This is unconscionable. I served for ten years under three Presidents and five Secretaries of Defense---this is absolutely an atrocious abuse of our military personnel.

5. Secretary of State Colin Powell has been all but silenced....why?

Nope, I can't bear the thought of another four years of the current failed Administration.

No comments: