"Angry White Man" and "Hyphenated Patriotism"

Okay,

Yes, I'm not exactly singing the Doxology right now.

Here's why:

For the last three nights in a row, the Hispanics in my neighborhood have gone absolutely crazy after the sun has gone down.

Something about "Mexican Liberation Day" or something to that effect.

These "immigrants" have spent most of the dark hours driving like maniacs and honking their horns loudly for long periods of time, while waving the Mexican flag all over the street.

I'm the least "racist" person you will ever want to meet. But I'm also an angry white man.

If all these folks are so in love with "Mexico"--then please let's encourage them to return to Mexico--and the sooner the better.

We are in the United States of America. They came here of their own free will. So, now we should insist on these things:

1) You will learn to speak English, and you will use English in your dealings with commerce, every governmental agency, and in public life.

2) You will teach your children to speak English--first and foremost. Sure, teach them your native language--but if they plan on living here--in the nifty fifty--they will learn to speak English fluently.

3) You will respect "public peace" and "public decency." Period.

That includes my right to have a peaceful neighborhood, devoid of your stupidity and "hyphenated patriotism."

Yes, I'm angry...and I should be.

So should every other person who lives in this country, and wants to be an American.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Been there Phil, and know exactly what you mean. It is often difficult to express these feelings without sounding like a racist, and to me that is a shame as well. I fear I we have become so politically correct in this nation that we no longer have rights as white people. (See, even that sounds racist!) It is a two way street, and all men should respect each other, regardless of race, and be able to stand up for themselves. Your post, to me, is not about race; it is about a lack of respect for you and others in your neighborhood. Let me share with you an episode that happened to me a week or so ago. I went into a convenience store and overheard one man make a comment to another about my van, and the second man said, "It belongs to that white boy over there." That just made my skin crawl, and I just couldn't keep my mouth shut (as usual). I walked over to them and said, "excuse me, I could not help over hearing you, and I have a question for you. Would you like it if I called you black boy or nigger?" They looked stunned, and one started to say something, and I told him to hold on. I told him that I was not the type person to use that terminology, and the color of a man's skin meant nothing to me, but I that I took great offense at being called, "white boy" just as they would if I used that terminology to them.
The older of the two men told me that I was right and that he was sorry.

My point in all this is this, "Isn't it sad that the term "racist" only seems to apply to white people?