44. I am thankful for Homemade Tomato Soup....

Even if I did make it myself....I just couldn't bear the thought of opening up a can of "Condensed soup" and consuming it as though it were the "best thing going..." My conscience would not, REPEAT, would not let me do that...

Here's my recipe:

1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 14.5 ounce can of chicken broth (fat-free, low sodium is what I use)
1/2 can of water
1 large carrot, shredded
2 large celery stalks, diced finely
1 tablespoon, dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I use Tony Cachere's).

In a large pot, saute the vegetables in 2 tablespoons of oil (I use olive oil, but vegetable or canola will work just fine) for about ten minutes.

In your blender, combine the two cans of tomatoes, and the rest of the ingredients, except for the chicken broth.

Add your tomato mixture to the large pot with the vegetables sauteeing, stir in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil for about ten minutes or so....

Eat this however you most enjoy it....I like it with crackers.....

No comments: