A Prayer for Today...

"Come Thou Fount of every blessing, TUNE my heart to sing THY GRACE..."

Lord, when I'm confused, and just wondering what I should do next: housework, homework, or just "stand still" please "tune my heart to sing Thy grace.."

Lord, for that precious friend who feels alone and abandoned...who feels that no one really cares, who hugged me tightly this morning, with tears falling down their face..."Tune my heart to sing Thy grace" and let their heart receive it. Keep reminding them, they are NOT alone. Their Moody Church family loves them, and more importantly, YOU love them.

Lord, for the single mom who feel as though she is about to lose her mind--burdens, bills, bruises, and yet she chooses to raise her children in the fear of the Lord..."tune my heart to sing Thy grace"...and put that same song on her lips. She is a "hero" and should be treated like one.

Lord, for that patient who just heard news they hoped to avoid--at least for a little while longer--and now I have the high and tremendous privilege/responsibility of being concerned..please "Tune my heart to sing Thy grace." My song may be the only one--or even the last one--they hear.

Lord, when I'm struggling through despondency, depression, and start asking "Why me?" please "tune my heart to sing Thy grace." Remind me, Dear Lord...that You still walk with me, and You tell me that I am still Your own. In case I haven't mentioned it, Lord, "tune my heart to sing Thy grace."

Lord, for that friend who is strugging with the "bottle," drinking to "drown their sorrows" but finding that nothing is solved, only exaccerbated...when I see him again, please "tune my heart to sing Thy grace." Lord, remind him that You love him, no matter what.

Lord, for that homeless lady who asks for some change every single morning--and when I purposely don't carry any change on me, create a heart of compassion in me...and "tune my heart to sing Thy grace." I could be homeless and hungry too....

And Lord, remind me regularly of how great it is to be "tuned to Thy grace."

1 comment:

Jackie David Johns said...

Thanks for the prayer.