Another Cancer Victim...Please Pray

My good friend, Singer/Songerwiter Janet Paschal has been informed that she has breast cancer. Here's the email that she has sent out:

It's Monday afternoon, January 10th, and I wanted to touch base with you all. As is so often the case, this piece of news is both sweet and bitter. I just never thought I'd be sharing it 'first person'. I'll spare you the details and just tell you that I received a phone call on Friday morning (9:45 am to be exact) from a Duke Hospital oncologist who said he was calling with the lab results of a biopsy from last week.

His next word was "Unfortunately..." and I knew it wouldn't be good. Bottom line is this - I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and no one could be more surprised. At this point, we are still uncertain of the type, severity, options, etc., but we'll learn soon enough, to be sure. I think I'm still numb, and that's probably a good thing. I also think it's probably good that the information comes in doses, as it allows time to absorb each piece and still breathe in and out.

John keeps asking if I'm scared and I can honestly say that I am not - at least I don't think I am. I am not questioning my faith (why should I be exempt?) or asking 'Why?' - not at this juncture, anyhow. After I learn more of the details I may be retracting all of these declarations, but I honestly hope not.

My paternal grandmother had breast cancer when she was in her late sixties. The family was so afraid to tell her - so unsure that she could handle that kind of devastating news. I think I've told you all before of her response, "Oh honey, don't worry. The Lord's gonna take care of me."

She wound up comforting the ones in the room who didn't have cancer, and who wouldn't face that dreaded enemy. She has lived cancer free for more than ten years. I am so abundantly rich in the ways that count.

I have the best family in the world - bar none; they are all prayer warriors and I've watched their prayers 'turn the hearts of kings' on more than one occasion. I've been the benefactor of some of those impassioned pleas and I can point to specific occurrences where there is no explanation except '...but God.' John is my rock; completely supportive and unwavering in his belief that God will do what He promised just because He said so. End of conversation.

My close friends were hand-picked by God, knowing that they would have to be strong because I would need them so much. For years, they have been encouraging, challenging, and above all, they've told me the truth. As I said, I am so, so rich. We are being inundated with mail, and we are so appreciative. I hope you understand that I will probably not be able to answer your mail during this stretch of the 'good road', but it sure means a lot when you write.

You, too, are a gift from God to me. We will keep you updated as we receive information and digest this process. Your prayers are so important. I do not take them for granted.

Blessings,
Janet
************************************************************
This precious lady has been in active music ministry for as long as I can remember. Please pray for her in this very difficult time. Her website is:

www.janetpaschal.com

May the healing hand of Jesus touch this precious servant of His!

No comments: