Just "let it go..."

Well, I might just get a bit personal here...and if so, then...I've gotten a bit personal....

One of the buzz phrases over the last few years is "just let it go..."

What the user normally means is to just dismiss whatever "it" might be, and get it out of one's mind, and to dethrone it from the place of prominence "it" currently has.

In short, forgive and forget--and to make a conscious effort to do both.

Much easier said than done. Can I get a witness?

Yesterday morning at the end of our worship gathering, I saw two precious men praying in the second pew on the right side of the sanctuary. One of the brothers, whom I'll call "Joe" (not his real name) was embracing the other brother whom I'll call "John" (again, not his real name).

I know a little bit about John's story.

John has been hurt...deeply hurt. And by those whom he trusted with everything...other Christians. He was serving in active ministry in another congregation in another place.

John has been hurt so intensely that he and his family had to change congregations.

That's tough under pleasant and wonderful circumstances. Imagine what it must be like under the clouds of disappointment, hurt, and grief.

Yet, I witnessed God washing John's soul....As Joe was praying with him, I saw John weep strong tears of pain and anguish...

But those same tears were healing and restorative. Those tears were washing John's eyes--his physical and spiritual eyes.

Those tears were cleansing, and refreshing John's life in a way that probably hasn't happened in a long time.

In short, God brought John to a place where he can "let it go."

We all need to find that place. God, grant it to be so.


No comments: