Senator and Mrs Obama: "Get a Grip!"

On today's Good Morning, America interview, Senator Obama was attempting chivalry. He told ABC's Robin Roberts that the Tennessee GOP should "lay off his wife" for some "out of season" comments that she made several weeks/months ago. Her exact quote was something to the effect of "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country...." And since I claimed it to be "exact"...I'm hoping that I quoted it "exactly."

I do claim "blogger's license" with that quote.

However, Illinois' junior senator is seeking the highest political office in these United States. He is also seeking to fill the most powerful political office on the planet.

If he and his wife can't handle this type of criticism and scrutiny, then maybe he is not ready for 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. While I don't agree with all of the "smear tactics" that have been used against him--and those have been well-rehearsed all over the internet (and elsewhere)--he had better get accustomed to it.

In other words, Senator Obama (and Michelle), GET A GRIP!

You have people who will do everything in their power (legally, and perhaps otherwise) to make sure that you are smeared, smudged, and polluted. You've already encountered some of it. Some of it has been very unfair...and some of it, you possibly brought on yourself.

Every word counts. Your every word will be weighed, scrutinized, re-scrutinized, calibrated, re-calibrated, hashed, dissected, analyzed, diagrammed, and microscoped.

So, Senator, as I said before, "Get a grip." With both hands.

You will certainly need one.

No comments: