Rest in Peace: Jack Kemp, a Truly GREAT man passes on to his reward!

One of the truly great men in this country, Jack Kemp, passed from this life late on Saturday, May 2, 2009. Former Secretary/Congressional Representative/Quarterback (for the Buffalo Bills) Kemp was one-of-a-kind.

I first came to admire him when I heard him give his testimony of saving faith in Christ many years ago at Rehoboath Baptist Church in suburban Atlanta. His gripping story of how his relationship with the Lord Jesus influenced and impacted every part of his life has always stuck with me.

I was delighted to vote for the Dole-Kemp ticket in the 1996 General Election. The theme of Kemp's campaign was "Character counts." And his character was a sterling one.

"Pro football gave me a good perspective," he was quoted as saying. "When I entered the political arena, I had already been booed, cheered, cut, sold, traded, and hung in effigy."

His grand sense of humor, crystal clear thinking/reasoning, and compassionate heart will be sorely missed in this nation. We need more like him.

No comments: