1) the special brother/friend who was in my hospital room at the University of Alabama-Birmingham FOUR WEEKS AGO today--when I returned from the "recovery" and offered to "rub my feet." I let him rub my feet. He is an elected Representative in the State of Tennessee...but he wanted to come PRAISE THE LORD with me during this event. I am so humbled and grateful for this wonderful man in my life!
2) a job..a career...where I can see people starting to get a grip on their future....and trying to turn things around for themselves...and the people who depend on them. It is always "better late than never." I just hope that I am leaving some good things in their hearts and minds.
3) a church family that truly and profoundly loves me. I can't remember any local congregation loving me as much as The Moody Church loves me! I am overwhelmed every single service by how these people show their love and care for me.
4) the privilege of being part of The Moody Church family. Every time I walk in the building, I am awe-struck, stunned, and amazed that God would allow me to be part of such a historic and magnificent group of people. This place has been celebrating the "joy of changed lives since 1864"...and this is "my family." I still can't wrap my mind around all of that! Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think I would be privileged to call this local congregation my "home church." But it is...and I'm so humbly grateful....more than I can express.
5) people who love and care about me...through it all....sometimes it gets "thicker" and sometimes it gets "thinner"...but through it all....I see Jesus in their lives.