Truths that have guided my life...

I believe the entirety of Scripture is inspired by God. I want to make that clear from the beginning...no need to be branded as a herectic, unnecessarily. However, there are certain truths and "commands" that have guided my life. I wanted to just share some of those here:

"Greater love has no man than this that he would lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:15)

"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity: for God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9: 7)

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

"And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist" (Colossians 1:17)

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs; singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16)

"But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves were taught by God to love one another..." (1 Thessalonians 4:9)

"For the love of money is the root of all evil, for which some have strayed form the faith in their greediness and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1 Timothy 6:10)

"Let brotherly love continue." (Hebrews 13:1)

"For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a mature man, able also to bridle the whole body." (James 3:2)

"Confesses your sins one to another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

These are just some of the New Testament passages that have guided my life. There are many others, and I'll share them in subsequent posts.

What passage(s) guide(s) your walk with Christ?

1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Over the years I have seen various Scripture come to the front, often depending on my stage of life. Col.3:17. Is.40:28-31. 2 Chron.16:9. Psalm 37:1-7, especially verse 5. (My current stage)