Tomato/Red Pepper Soup
You will need:
2 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1 onion, finely diced
4 cloves of garlic, pressed OR 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (from the jar)
4-5 large red Bell peppers, halved, ribbed, and seeded
5 large tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
1. In a large sauce pan, heat the oil and saute the onions and garlic over medium-low for five minutes while pan is covered. Set aside.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, place the bell peppers cut sides down, and flatted with palm of hand. Roast them for ten minutes under the broiler flame--skins will turn brown/black. Take them out of oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then place in a blender.
3. On a rimmed baking sheet, place the tomatoes cut sides down and broil them for ten minutes. Allow to cool and place them in the blender with red peppers.
4. Blend them into a fine puree.
5. Return the puree mixture to the sauce pan with the onions and garlic. Add tomato juice, and the remaining ingredients.
6. Simmer on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes.
It is YUMMY!
And for my faithful readers, please tell me how you either LIKE or DIDN'T like this recipe.