So, what should be done about the "immigrants"?

It seems that the "illegal immigrants" (also known as the "lawbreakers") in the United States are forcing the Federal, State, and Municipal government officials to finally pay attention to them and their plight.

Don't get me wrong here, though. I am still very much against placating anyone who insists on coming to this country illegally and then demanding rights and privileges to which they are not entitled.

I wonder just how much my grocery bill would increase if we deported all the "illegal immigrants"--since many of them harvest the crops for meager wages?

I wonder just how my life would change without 11+ million illegal immigrants inhabiting this land undocumented?

One cannot help but notice all the "marches" and all the ballyhooing from every corner of the nation.

But one cannot help but notice also that the "end" does not justify the means....and particularly not where legal residence in this country is concerned.

I have a few suggestions for those who want to come here and be treated with all the rights and privileges thereof:

1) Learn the English language. Teach your children to speak the language.

2) Fly the AMERICAN FLAG. If you are not in love with this country, I want to personally invite you to go back to a country that you are in love with enough to fly their flag.

3) Learn the customs and courtesies of the United States. Teach them to your children, and enforce them rigorously.

4) Insist that anyone who employs you FOLLOW THE LAWS of this land. You will do yourself and every other American a huge favor.

God bless the United States of America!

3 comments:

J. Stephen Conn said...

Bravo!

Peter Zefo said...

I agree that they should learn the language, but for themselves and not to make Americans more comfortable.

I completely DISAGREE about flying the American Flag. Most immigrants I have contact with love this country, but they still have pride for their homeland. You live in Chi-town...don't they have one of the largest St. Patty Day celebrations in the country? Should they be wearing Red/White/and Blue on March 17th? Do you wear green on March 17th?

I agree somewhat with your third point. Although, America is such a melting pot that there really very few strictly American customs. The children should not lose the culture that they are a part of. There is good reason we have a "Little Italy" and "Chinatown" in some major U.S. cities.

Deborha's Palm Tree said...

Hmmm? I think this whole issue is prophetic. The natural and supernatural work together. How many of us are aliens...how many of us are illegal ...? Think about the spiritual implications.
Maybe I going overboard here, but, I think many so-called Christians are here illegally...a form of Godliness, lacking the power thereof. Anyway...just a thought! God Bless ...good entry!