2006...it was a good year....

WOW, it's almost over...and I'm just now getting the hang of writing "2006" on everything.

It's been a decent year. Let's see if I can recount some of the highlights for me, personally:

1) Caffeine Free. Up until December 30, 2005 I was a huge Mountain Dew man. And I decided that I need to "kick the habit" for 2006. I have been very successful in kicking the caffeine habit. I've had nothing with caffeine in it, except for a couple pieces of chocolate.

2) Flu/Cold Free. I need to count my blessings on this one. I almost always develop bronchitis, or a cold or some other upper respiratory ailment at least once every year. I've managed to avoid that this year. I'm thankful. My wallet is also.

3) Reconnecting with friends. I've done quite a bit of traveling this year--more so than in recent years. I've been to:

Huntsville, Alabama
Birmingham, Alabama
Tomah, Wisconsin
Belleville, Illinois
Lexington, Kentucky
Atlanta, Georgia
Greer, South Carolina

Getting away from the hustle and bustle of the Windy City is a necessity sometimes. I've been very fortunate in the fact that I've gotten to visit friends and family that I've not seen in many years--some of them as long as 20 years ago. It's been great.

4) Sunday School at The Moody Church. I've gotten involved in the Moody Business Network (MBN) Sunday School Class at The Moody Church (www.moodychurch.org) where I worship regularly every week. This has been so encouraging and refreshing for me, after having been away from Sunday School for more than three years.

These "things" may seem little to alot of folks who will read this post. Yet, these "little things" are very, very important to me, and what God is doing in my life.

And I will look forward with great anticipation to 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil,

Just wanted to write and say "Merry Christmas." Although it is a few days late!! Hope your new year excells in all you do.

la severa

ps. have you read any NT Wright?

lasevera@yahoo.com