Earth's Loss and Heaven's Gain!

I just returned from a short lunch break and heard the awful news:

Dr Jerry Falwell, Pastor of the Thomas Road Baptist Church, Chancellor of Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia has gone to be with the Lord this morning.

He was found unconscious in his office. All efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.

I first met "Pastor Falwell" thirty plus years ago when he did a tour of the nation entitled "I LOVE AMERICA!" That was the very first time I heard Robbie Hiner and the "Sounds of Liberty"...it was a grand evening.

Dr Falwell pastored the same congregation that started in his living room more than 50 years ago.

I remember hearing him on the radio back when I was a teenager, with the half-hour program "The Old Time Gospel Hour"...I also remember the Sunday television program by the same name.

I didn't always agree with Dr Falwell on a variety of political issues. But I have always admired his bold stand for the power of the Gospel, the love of Jesus Christ, and our eternity with God for those who have trusted His Son.

This is a tremendously sad day for the Christian Church in the United States, and indeed around the world.

Let's remember his precious family in our prayers. That includes his large, loving church family as well.

No comments: