It's an Election...not the END of the World...

I sure hope that people claiming to be "Christ-followers" will conduct and appropriate themselves as such during this election year.

After all this is an "election,not the "end of the world"--to quote the late Ann Richards, former governor of Texas.

While it is always important (and imperative) to cast an informed vote for--and to support, if one is so inclined--the candidate of their choice. But we must remember that this process is an "election"....not the judgment seat of Christ.

I refuse to demonize other Christ-followers who don't agree with my political preferences. I refuse to canonize those who do agree with them.

After all, we are still humans--prone to failure, flaws, and quick decisions.

I'm humbled to live in a country where we can see the "democratic" (notice little "d") process practiced freely. No one has to fear the "gestapo" coming in and arresting everyone for making their "political choices" public.

And when November 5th rolls around, let's remember that we live in the greatest country on earth. And let's come together to make this land an even better place to live, work, worship, and honor the Lord.

2 comments:

Tom Bryant said...

"I refuse to demonize other Christ-followers who don't agree with my political preferences. I refuse to canonize those who do agree with them."

Phil,
do you mean that we actually ought to act like Christians AFTER we vote? :-)

Phil Hoover said...

That's EXACTLY what I mean....