Of this much, I am certain...

I know that my Redeemer lives,
O the sweet joy this sentence gives.
He lives, He lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my Everlasting Head.

He lives triumphant from the grave.
He lives eternally to save.
He lives exalted, throned above
He lives to rule His church in love.

He lives to bless me with His love,
And still He pleads for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to help in time of need.

He lives, my kind, wise, constant friend.
Who still will keep me to the end.
He lives, and while He lives I'll sing
Jesus, my Prophet, Priest, and King!

He lives, all glory to His Name;
He lives, my Saviour, still the same.
What joy the blest assurance gives!
I know that my Redeemer lives!
_______________________
Text by Samuel Medley, tune "Duke Street".

Of this much we can be certain, our Redeemer lives! When all around us is uncertain, unsure, and unsteady, we can know that our certain, sure, and steady Lord is still alive, and in control. Yes, I know that my Redeemer lives!

No comments: