Truly Gifted Communicator: ANDY STANLEY

The first time I ever heard Andy Stanley preach was more than 20 years ago when I was visiting First Baptist Church, Atlanta--and his father Charles Stanley was out with a sprained back.

I had traveled more than 100 miles and wanted to hear Dr Stanley....again. I was very disappointed.

But once this great "youth pastor" got up to preach--I almost forgot that it was his dad that I had come to hear! "Andy" just knocked me over with a feather! What a great preacher.

Fast Forward some 17 years later, and Andy was one of the featured speakers for 2003 Founder's Week at the Moody Bible Institute here in Chicago. And WOW! What a great sermon...what a great message...what a great communicator of the greatest message ever told: The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Andy Stanley is the Senior Pastor of North Point Community Church in Alpharetta, Georgia. Here's the link to their website:
http://www.northpoint.org/sermons

Several of my friends from the college days (now more than 20 years ago) are faithful members of North Point Church.

I can easily understand why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i was there in 2003...and again in 2006, amazing.