Five Years Ago today....

The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, lower Mahattan, NY burned to the ground.

This was no freak accident.

This horrible event that took the lives of 3000 people was perpetrated by radical Islamic fascists who hate freedom, and freedom-loving people.

This was the worst "tragedy" that has been thrust upon the United States since the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941.

I remember exactly where I was when all this happened. I remember the horror I felt sink deep into my soul.

I remember calling my friend Lillie Knauls out in California to see if she were okay, and what was happening on the West Coast.

I also remember the morning worship service at The Moody Church (www.moodychurch.org) the following Sunday when Senior Pastor Erwin W Lutzer preached the message "Where Was God When New York burned?"

The sanctuary was packed...standing room only.

How easily we seem to forget that God was there, and that He is still there.

We will not forget what happened to the nation...and the world....

Five years ago today.

No comments: