My buddy Paul...on his wait to Kuwait...

The day I've dreaded for a while is now here.

My buddy Paul--an officer in the United States Army is enroute to Kuwait, and then to the supposedly safe "Green Zone" in Baghdad.

I'm not happy about it at all...Paul wanted to go to this assignment, and even volunteered.

I've known this for several months now...but that doesn't make it any easier.

I'm wiping tears from my eyes, even as I write this post.

With the failures of the current administration in the White House, I'm just praying for God's protection around my dear friend, and that he will come back to the United States alive, in one piece, and in sound mind.

I'm just not sure what to think right now. He and I have talked about this for a long time...he and I are very close friends...and I love him dearly.

So does his wife, his son, and the rest of his family. He's a brother to me.

Please pray for him. Please pray for every military service personnel who is serving any where in the world right now.

No comments: