The greatest treasures of life...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I spent a few days in Cleveland, TN this past week/end. My visit there was two-fold:

First, I wanted to see some of the precious saints of God who have grown older, and many of them are getting ready to leave this world for their eternal residence in Heaven. Too many of them have passed into eternity without me having the chance to say goodbye, or at least seeing them. I just could not let that happen again!

Second, Lee University (www.leeuniversity.edu) was having it's 2007 Homecoming festivities, and I knew I would get to see lots and lots of people--many of whom I have not seen in at least 20 years....it was just great!

On both fronts, I can humbly say "Mission Accomplished." The Lord, in His infinite grace and goodness, allowed me to see so very many people who have enriched my life simply by "being there." Many of these people are now scattered to the four corners of the continent--and the globe even--but we still have this "connection" that says we are family. The family of God.

While I am bound to leave someone out, I want to mention some folks that I didn't mention previously:

My wonderful friend Kevin Brooks
A long-time friend, Byron Medlin
A classmate, Jeff Sargeant
Dr and Mrs French Arrington--I worked for her, and he taught several of my classes.
Lydia Culpepper--we sang in Campus Choir together--one of the most talented women I know.
Steve and Laura Allen--he is now the Minister of Music at Westmore Church.
and the list goes on.

All of these people are so special to me for several reasons. First, they are the 'family of God'--we have a blood covenant that "relates" us. Secondly, in one way or another, we have all been connected to Lee College (now Universit) in times past. And third, they have profoundly touched my life in ways that matter to me.

These are just some of "life's great treasures." And I'm a "rich, rich" man because of God's generosity of putting them into my life.

No comments: