The tangible love of Christ...I have experienced it this week...

I have experienced the amazing, unequaled, immeasurable love of Christ this week.

Dr Bill George and myself both arrived in Birmingham, Alabama on Monday evening. We showed up at the UAB Hospital Admitting Office almost simultaneously. God made sure that we were in the same room for that day...because He wanted us both to see how MIGHTY and POWERFUL He was and is!

We had a parade of people on Tuesday...from around 9:30 a.m. until well after 10 p.m. that same evening. People from Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and all points in between...most of them knew Bill, and many knew me...but all of them knew and loved JESUS...that is all that mattered.

On Wednesday morning, I went into the Pre-op around 5:35 a.m. I was in surgery around 6 a.m. I woke up in my room around 1:15 p.m. with Marti and Anthony Stone, Pastor Charles Butler, Dr Robert Daugherty, and Tennessee State Congressman Kevin Brooks at my bedside...rejoicing in the LORD...and worshipping God for His marvelous hand in all of this!

Person after person was hearing how GOD had orchestrated the whole event, and how HE made sure the surgery was as textbook-picture perfect as it could be. I was completely awake...and realizing what a life-transforming event had just transpired...and how the LORD had been glorified in it all.

The people of God around the country, and around the world have been magnificent in their prayers, love, and good wishes and greetings to both myself, and our precious Dr Bill George and his wife, Nelda.

This was truly the Body of Christ--the people of God--at their finest....

I am humbled and exhilirated to be part of such a wonderful kingdom.

It is truly about HIM...His love, His will, and HIS glory.

2 comments:

Annalie Maynard said...

Phil,
Glad to hear your surgery was successful. Hope your recovery is speedy and complete. I have been praying for you since I received your coment on my blog. I sent you and email. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love & prayers,
Annalie Maynard

Annalie Maynard said...

Phil,
Glad to hear your surgery was successful. Hope your recovery is speedy and complete. I have been praying for you since I received your coment on my blog. I sent you and email. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love & prayers,
Annalie Maynard