CHANGE is in the "air"

And the Obama Administration had nothing to do with it...LOL

On Thursday, December 31, 2009 as I was getting dressed for work, I just sensed the LORD speaking to my spirit that HE wants to "revolutionize" my life in 2010. My immediate response was, "Well, LORD, I gave you a kidney in 2009, I want to give you the rest of my life in 2010."

Needless to say (so why am I saying it? Because I CAN), I was waiting to see what the LORD was ready to speak to me....if HE was speaking at all.

After a very turbulent week at work, I was just stressed and distressed....and to the point of "burn out" as well.

On the way to work, I began praying, asking the LORD how I could follow HIM more closely and hear HIM more clearly, and obey HIM more completely in 2010.

As soon as I opened my office door, it was as though the LORD was directing me to prepare my resignation from my current position, and look to return to school not later than this coming Fall.

I looked at all the obligations on my calendar, and just wondering if this was really God....The earliest I could leave my position would be mid-March (some 11 weeks into the future).

Immediately I went in to see my supervisor, and told him that I plan to leave my position by the end of March, 2010. He was taken by surprise, but very affirming and seemed to be supportive of the fact that I want to make some 'life changes."

I have lots to do between now and my last day on the job...so pray for me. I need to find another job (part-time would be ideal), and also finish the process for getting into nursing school this Fall.

I'll write more about this later.

2 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Will add you to my daily prayer list.

Jackie David Johns said...

You are an inspiration. He will sustain you where He leads you.