Looking back at 2009...

WHAT A YEAR! I knew that it would be good when three of my very dearest friends, Major Paul Grant and his lovely wife Cynthia, and my great friend Joe Misek (who is NOW on FACEBOOK, after all the lathering, blathering, spluttering, fussing, etc in 2009) spent the night at my house on December 21, 2008, and we had the very first meal of 2009 in my living/dining room. I knew it would be a GREAT year!

And it has been.

Work has been fast-paced, intense, and most of the time, very gratifying. I have enjoyed serving at Coyne American Institute, and I like the work I am assigned to perform--99% of the time.

My personal life has been okay, I guess. No great revelations, no hot romances, and nothing really noteworthy--well, I'll talk about that later.

The Moody Church family has been stupendous as always. These people are some of the kindest and most loving followers of Christ I've ever known. I am continually being loved and nourished by these wonderful, wonderful people. They are often the "face of Jesus" for me in so many ways.

The big news was that I OBEYED THE LORD! I prayed, and obeyed. I am still stunned that Jesus would trust me with the BIG assignment that HE had for me, but HE did, and I'm still humbled and thrilled. If you are wondering about this assignment, just go back to August, September, October blog posts, and read forward....

The year ended very nicely, and I'm excited to see what GOD will have for me in 2010. I want to follow Him closely, hear Him clearly, and obey Him completely.

3 comments:

Joe Misek said...

Speaking of blather, great post Phil!

Jackie David Johns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie David Johns said...

May 2010 be even better. You are a gift to so many people.