Unwanted and Unloved...

I had a conversation with one of the classiest people I know, last night at church. We were sitting in the sanctuary of The Moody Church, and my precious friend told me how she never felt loved, wanted, or cared for....

She is one of the most accomplished people I've ever met. She is a retired nurse, and just oozes with class, skill, and other marvelous character traits.

It's hard to believe that she grew up never feeling "loved."

But then again, I can relate...in so many, many ways.

I still wonder about my biological parents' divorce---even after more than 47 years, I still believe there are "missing pieces" that someone (namely Bobby and Jodi) never gave me so I could see the "whole picture."

BUT THE GOOD NEWS is that I am supremely loved! I am deeply wanted and loved by my Heavenly Father. He continually sends HIS CHILDREN to love me, cherish me, and care for me in so many, many tangible ways.

This family of God is the greatest thing in the world.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Hello Phillip,
It has been a long time. I am Rick(y) Harding from Huntsville, AL, I knew you at the Virginia Blvd. church. Glad to hear you are doing well. I was given your blog by my wife who recognized your name. I listen to Erwin Lutzer in the morning on my way to work, so it was really amazing to hear that you attend there. Sounds like a great church. I have never been to Chicago, but would like to eventually get up there. I would like to see the Museum of Science and Industry. My wife and I are about to have our 30th wedding anniversary. We have a daughter and two grandchildren, can you believe I'm a grandpa. Ping me back if you'd like, best wishes and God bless.

Rick

troutbirder said...

Indeed. And your right about prayers for Haitians.