Good Speech, Mr President...

Now let's see if we can "live by" those praised/maligned/overquoted/not-quoted-at-all, ideals.

You did a magnificent job. I've listened to every State of the Union address since the beginning of former President Jimmy Carter's tenure. I feel that I owe it to myself to hear what the President of this great nation, and the "leader of the free world" has to say, not only to the American citizenry but, to the rest of the world as well.

I awoke early this morning, Sir, and heard you quoted on the BBC's early radio broadcast.

I appreciate the fact that you admitted some failures and "off the right path" times last night. I appreciate the fact that you are not giving up on healthcare reform.

And I appreciate the fact that you care for your wife and your daughters. That is the most important job you have....

No comments: