Haiti...

I remember hearing now-retired Bishop Adrian L Varlack saying (more than 30 years ago) that HAITI is probably the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, and one of the very poorest in the world. I've always remembered what Brother Varlack said.

I've met several people from Haiti, and have known several missionaries who have spent a lot of their life and ministry in the country. Even now I have friends who are missionaries in the Dominican Republic.

That island has just experienced the worst natural disaster in more than 200 years...and there seems to be no end to the devastation these precious people have suffered in the last 24 hours.

I plan to do something, even though it won't be much...but I will do something very significant...I'll pray, fervently pray...

No comments: