"Go Ask"

One of the finest songs written in the last twenty-five years (in my humble opinion) is this marvelous declaration by Gloria Gaither:


Don't ask me to explain to you how one could start again
How burdened hearts could soften like a child.
Don't ask me how to reason out the mysteries of life,
Or how to face its problems with a smile.

Go ask the man who's found the way
Through tangled roads back home to stay
When all communications were destroyed.
Go ask the child who's walking now
Who once was crippled, then somehow
Her useless legs were made to jump for joy.

Go ask the one whose burned-out mind
Has been restored--I think you'll find
The questions not important as before.

Don't ask me if He's good or bad;
I only know the guilt I had is gone,
And I can't tell you anymore.

Don't ask me to prove to you why I know God is there.
And how I know he could care for you.
Don't ask me why Someone so great would choose to walk with me
And trade my broken life for one that's new.

Go ask the child who's got a dad
To love away the hurt he had
Before this man called Jesus touched their lives.

Go ask the one whose fears have fled,
Whose churning heart was quieted
When someone whispered "Peace" to all her strife.
Go ask the man to tell you more
Whose life was just a raging war
Inside himself until the Savior came.

I don't pretend to be so wise:
I only know He touched my eyes
And nothing else will ever be the same!
***************************************************************
This pretty much sums up the power of Christ to change everything and everyone that He encounters.

No comments: