Pure Mercy

In a time when many folks want to feel really "good about themselves"--and nothing wrong with a healthy dose of self-esteem....as long as we remember that it is the grace and mercy of God. That while we were dead in our sins that Christ came, purchased us out of our death and slavery, and that it really is all about HIM.

Here's a great song that I learned many years ago. It articulates what being a CHRISTIAN really means:

The verdict was in, all the evidence weighed
The finger of justice had declared I must pay
And I, the defendant, could not make my case
So He put His blood on it, and all was erased!

He had mercy, pure mercy,
on a prisoner condemned todie!
He had mercy, pure mercy,
I had no pardon in sight
But JESUS passed by and had mercy on a sinner such as I!

I had been apprehended, I was in custody
The whole world was wondering what would God do with me?
And all my accusers were standing in line,
But He ordered them, 'Stand back! This one is mine!'

I'm so glad I'm saved, glad to be sanctified,
So glad I'm blood-covered, doing heavenly time.
There is one thing for certain
And I'm so glad to know,
That when God goes out walking,
HE GOES DOWN ON DEATH ROW!

He had mercy, pure mercy
on a prisoner condemned to die!
He had mercy, pure mercy,
I had no pardon in sight,
but JESUS passed by
And had mercy on a sinner such as I!"

No comments: