The Truth Remains: God is Faithful!

Carol Cymbala, director of the Grammy-Award winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir (and my Pastor's mother-in-law) wrote this wonderful song more than twenty years ago when her oldest child, Chrissy (my Pastor's wife) was straying far from the Lord. When her heart was breaking into a million pieces, the Lord filled her with His promise of His faithfulness.

This song has been sung around the world, and translated into many languages. God spoke this to my heart on my way to work this morning. I wanted to share it here:

In my moments of fear, through every pain, every tear,
there's a God who's been faithful to me.
When my strength was all gone,
when my heart had no song
still in love He's proved faithful to me.

Every word He's promised, is true.
What I thought was impossible, I see my God do.

He's been faithful, faithful to me.
Looking back, His love and mercy I see.
Though in my heart I have questioned, even failed to believe,
Yet, He's been faithful, faithful to me.


When my heart looked away
the many times I could not pray,
still my God He was faithful to me.
The days I spent so selfishly,
reaching out for what pleased me,
even then God was faithful to me.

Every time I come back to Him,
He is waiting with open arms and I see once again.

He's been faithful, faithful to me.
Looking back His love and mercy I see.
Though in my heart I have questioned even failed to believe,
Yet, He's been faithful, faithful to me.


--Carol Cymbala

I'm reminded of the words of the Prophet Jeremiah, as he declared in the midst of total devastation and destruction, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness.." (Lamentations 3:23,24).

I see the faithfulness of God in my life...even when I'm faithless. Even when I seek nothing more than my own hedonistic pleasures, He is faithful to me. He holds me and sustains me. He cleanses and heals me, He restores and strengthens me. He takes all the broken pieces of my life, and makes sense out of them.

He is, indeed a faithful Father.

No comments: