For this Lenten Season...

Legendary singer/songwriter, Dottie Rambo, has given the music world more than 2500 songs in her short life span. I grew up hearing the Singing Rambos, and loving Dottie's music. None of those great songs has profoundly impacted/influenced my spiritual life like this one:
*****************************************************************************

I boast not of works
Nor tell of good deeds;
For naught have I done
To merit His grace.
All glory and praise
Shall rest upon Him
So willing to die in my place....

My trophies and crowns,
My robes stained with sin
Were all that I had to lay at His feet.
So unworthy to eat
From His table of life
But God made provision for me!

I will glory in the Cross!
In the Cross!
Lest His suffering all be in vain!
I will weep no more
For the Cross that He bore,
But I will glory in the Cross!

--words and music by Dottie Rambo.
**************************************************************
What a testimony! What a joy! What an everlasting hope! May it ever be so!

No comments: