"Willing Heart"--Do you have one?

One of the great songs from the early 1980s was this original by singer/songwriter, Kelly Willard:
_______________________________
Willing Heart

Words and music by Kelly Willard

Once I stumbled into darkness
Doing only as I pleased
but I wasn't really happy
And my heart was not at ease.

I just didn't have the willingness
To follow His commands
'til I laid my heart completely
In His hands.

If you don't have a willing heart
Ask Him to give you one.
If you can't seem to make a start
Trust in His power!
For the Lord of Love is watching you
He sees what you're going through
And He can make a way
If you want Him to
Oh, do you want Him to
Then tell Him so.

All the things my heart held on to
Only filled me with despair
And the road that I was travelin'
Never took me anywhere
And I knew no satisfaction
'til I found my rest in Him
Then He filled my heart with
Gladness once again

©1981 Maranatha Music/Willing Heart Music
All rights reserved.
International copyright secured.
Use by permission only.

No comments: