Is it LOVE or is it LUST? You decide...

I wrote this for a men's group back in early January 2005. Tell me what you think:

____________________________

Someone recently mentioned "loving rather than lusting..." and I found the statement to be immensely "loaded." There is just SO much there to consider.

Let's talk about a couple of items:

LOVE says, " I want what is in YOUR best interest...not what will harm you, injure you, or bring disgrace to you."

LUST says, "I want what I want, when I want it. My immediates needs and desires are paramount, and gratifying my desires is supreme....regardless of what you or anyone else thinks."

LOVE says, "You are one who bears the image of God, and I am compromising my love for GOD if I 'have my way' with you. God's image in you is holy. I will not touch it."

LUST says, "Your body, your sexuality, and your person brings me great pleasure (in that order), and once I'm gratified (not satisfied), then you hold little, if any value to me."

LOVE says, "Christ has made a way for me to be holy, to live holy, and to respond to every desire in a way worthy of being called 'Christian'"

LUST says, "Live, let live...and my contentment and desires are first and foremost. Regardless of who is destroyed in the process...after all, it's 'all about me.'"

LOVE says, "God is holy. He expects and requires me to live holy. No exceptions."
*****************************
So what say ye?

No comments: