Some great local churches..and their websites...

I believe in the local church!

I remember one of my seminary professors saying, "If you love the Body of Christ everywhere, then you must love the Body of Christ somewhere..specifically."

I couldn't agree more.

So, I wanted to post some links to some great local congregations that mean a lot to me. I either know the pastoral staff in these places, or I'm very familiar with their ministries. I heartily endorse these local congregations, and encourage you to visit with the "family of God" when you are in the vicinity.

Valley Baptist Church, San Rafael, California.
http://www.vbcsanrafael.com/index.cfm/method/content.home

Senior Pastor Chris Losey and his wife Sharon have been precious and treasured friends for almost twenty years now. He is a retired United States Air Force Chaplain, and tremendous servant of the Lord and His people. I've had the great privilege of singing in this church on several occasions. It is always a great joy to be with these people in the San Francisco Bay area.

Denver First Church of the Nazarene, Englewood, Colorado
http://www.dfcnaz.org/

Senior Pastor Tim Stearman and his wife Jane have shepherded this marvelous congregation for almost twelve years now. When I was stationed at Lowry AFB (in suburban Aurora) right outside of downtown Denver, I became acquainted with the Denver First Church family. After my first visit there, I never looked for another congregation. I was "home" with the DFC folks--and no, I didn't grow up Nazarene, and not a member of the Church of the Nazarene. But this is one wonderful congregation. If you decide to visit, find Missions Pastor Lanny York, and tell him that Phil Hoover sent you. He will definitely be glad to see you..and to hear from me.

Westmore Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee
http://www.westmorecog.org/

Senior Pastor Kelvin Page and his wife Debbie lead this growing congregation in the lovely town of Cleveland nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. You will find strong, Biblical preaching, vibrant fellowship, and a warm welcome at the Westmore Church.

On a personal note, I was a colleague of Pastor Page's during our undergraduate days at Lee College (now Lee University) way back in the early 1980s. He is a jewel of a person, and a shepherd after God's own heart. Pay them a visit.

The Moody Church, Chicago, Illinois
http://www.moodychurch.org/index.html

Doctor Erwin W Lutzer celebrates twenty five years of active service as the Senior Pastor of this great historic congregation in the heart of the Windy City. The Moody Church has something for everyone. Their ministries literally reach around the world. Pastor Lutzer's messages can be heard on anyone of three radio programs (Songs in the Night, Running To Win, The Moody Church Hour), and anytime via the Worldwide Web. This congregation is a vibrant, growing, engaging, and warm fellowship of people who seriously want to "connect with God and with each other." If you are ever in Chicago, please worship with the saints at The Moody Church. You will be so glad that you did.

No comments: