In a quandry right now...

A few weeks ago I posted a "prayer request" about a Job opportunity that had come my way...

The position is the State Coordinator/Recruiter for the Troops To Teachers program here in the State of Illinois through the Department of Veterans' Affairs.

I received the call this morning, offering me the position. After a good conversation with the Human Resources personnel, I found out the budget for the position had been cut as of this week, and that several other responsibilities will be added to the person who accepts this job.

My first inclination is to decline the job offer. I really don't want to be traveling 3 weeks out of the month, and I am not that fond of hotel rooms.

The salary was cut significantly from the original job listing. From what I was offered, I would be making less than 5% more than where my current salary stands.

Right now, in my mind, it's just not worth all the "transition" effort that it would require.

I like my current job, and my employer is very happy with me.

I'll have to make a decision soon.

2 comments:

Darrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darrell said...

Just my 2 cents Phil... even though you did not ask for it...

To me, 5% increase in pay is not worth what you would be giving up. If you were one who loved traveling all the time, it would be a different story. If I were in your shoes, I would give it a pass.

Praying you make the right decision for your life.