"Getting on with life..."

My wonderful friend and mentor, Dr R Hollis Gause, and I were chatting on our cell phones for a good while on Saturday night. This was the first time in a very long time that Brother G and I had the opportunity to just "talk about stuff" without alot of time constraints. It was so good for me, and very refreshing as well.

Even though he has known me for many years, I had the opportunity to share alot of the "personal pain" from my early childhood years--much of which he had no knowledge. Being the marvelously attentive listener that he is, Dr Gause demonstrated his wonderfully pastoral/fathering heart during the course of our conversation.

Afterwards, I realized just how much God has brought me through over the years. Even with the pain of an absentee father, a horrible mother, and abjecct poverty, God still brought me through it all! And now, many years later, I see just where I could have been, had it not been for the mercy and grace of our Lord!

On more than one occasion I have been reminded that love and mercy of Christ is far greater and more powerful than the "temporary" and "light afflictions" of this life.

Praise His holy name!

No comments: