This brings tears to my eyes...

This song keeps bringing tears to my eyes....when I think of all the precious people who once filled my life with such grace and love--and now they are rejoicing in that place Whose Builder and Maker is God.

The late Rusty Goodman penned these words more than thirty years ago--not knowing they would be sung at his own funeral some 20 years ago. The title is "Look for Me"...

When you finally make your entrance to that city
Of jasper walls and bright golden avenues
As you behold all its beauty and its splendor
Remember there’s just one request I make of you,
Look for me for I will be there too
I realize when you arrive there will be so much to view
After you’ve been there ten thousand years
A million, maybe two
Look for me, for I will be there too.

As you go down your list of firsts there’s no question
You will want to see your loved ones waiting there for you..
And when you feel you’ve shared your story with the last one
Who wants to hear just how Jesus brought you through,

Look for me for I want to hear it too!
I realize when you arrive there will be so much to view
After you’ve been there ten thousand years
A million, maybe two
Look for me for I will be there too.
__________________________________________
And the more I think about it, the more I long to see that beautiful place called Heaven. I have a grandmother already there...and scores of people whom I've loved, and who loved me all of my life. These saints of God have already safely landed on the "other side"--and I'm waiting for "His grace to lead me home."

Look for me, I will be there too!

No comments: