My heart is breaking....

Six and one-half weeks ago, a precious gift from God arrived here in Chicago. Asher Samuel Ramirez (nicknamed "Bear" by his father) arrived about 4.5 months early to his wonderful parents, Vince and Lark Ramirez. He was less than 2 lbs, and just a very, very tiny little fellow.

A few days later, I had the great joy of visiting him in the NICU at Northwestern Hospital...with his absolutely joyous Mom and Dad showing me his perfectly formed fingers and toes. I stood there, silently asking God to bring this child to his full and natural birth weight and growth. I knew that Asher was receiving the very best care he could get.

You can read about him here:

www.bearramirez.blogspot.com

Last Sunday (four days ago) I was able to pay my second visit over to Asher--now at Children's Memorial Hospital in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. His condition had worsened...considerably.

I just received word that this precious child is now in the arms of the LOVING SHEPHERD JESUS. I can't begin to imagine what Vince and Lark are going through right now. I'm wiping tears from my eyes as I am typing this note......

Before I left the hospital on Sunday afternoon, I put my arms around Vince and could hardly hold back the tears...not knowing how close to "going home" this adorable little boy would be.

He is now perfectly formed. He is now perfectly safe...He is now perfectly at rest...and waiting for his parents to see this wonderful place Whose Builder and Maker is God.

Please pray for my loving friends, Vince and Lark Ramirez.

I can't help but cry now.

1 comment:

Kevin Bussey said...

Sorry Phil,

I'll be praying for the family.