My hero: Gary R Langley

I wasn't sure where to start, so I figured "Pastor Gary" would be as good a place as any. I've known this good man for more than 35 years...and he still calls me friend....He was my youth leader back at the West Huntsville Church in the mid-late 1970s. At the time, he was working full time as a graphic artist in the Huntsville area...and wrestling with God too.

He is a tremendously gifted musician. A very thoughtful, creative artist. A military veteran, and one who loves His God, his family, and his world with a passion that is rarely duplicated anywhere.

Even though I've not seen him in person for more than 27 years, we talk often, and I've been able to share things with him that I've told very, very few other people. He has often prayed with me, cried with me, and shared his heart. His faithfulness to the Lord continually inspires and encourages me. He is also a loving husband to his wonderful wife Amy, and a doting father to both of his children, one of whom is not married. Josh and Torie have a wonderful father.

After many years in the both the business world, and the church world, Pastor Gary took the great leap of going back to school and pursuing a Masters Degree (Fuller Seminary) while maintaining his ministerial responsibilities...in HAWAII, of course. (If you are going to be OVERWHELMED in life...Hawaii is the place to do it...or so I'm told).

Yes, Gary Langley, you are one of my heroes. That's not gonna change any time soon.

No comments: