And BABY makes three....

A couple of days ago, my great friend Mark Brucato broke the news to me: He and his gorgeous (and wonderful) wife Ruth are expecting their first child!

I'm gonna be an uncle (again)!

Mark and I have been friends now for six years. We became pals during my first year here in Chicago, when he was a freshman at the Moody Bible Institute. We actually became acquainted at the Senior Recital of our mutual friend Tim Stafford, where I was attending the reception after the concert.

We became "buds" then, and have remained so over the years. We've had our ups and downs like every strong relationship has--but he's been a marvelously committed brother in Jesus, and that always encourages my heart.

Mark is the one of four boys born to Andrew and Linda Brucato, who are currently serving as missionaries in Italy. They have been there now for more than 20 years.

Ruth is the "California girl..." Gorgeous, charming, wonderful, and a marvelous person all around. Her parents have also been missionaries. She is currently a school teacher in the Oak Park area--a western suburb of Chicago.

I'm excited....VERY VERY excited.

Congratulations, Mark and Ruth!

No comments: