Dear Senator Clinton

First, let me say "Congratulations" on your decision to seek the Presidency of the United States. I hope that you will find much encouragement and many supporters as you pursue the nation's highest elected office. I was so hoping that you would enter the race, because America needs to see just what you are made of--and those "building materials" are much stronger than many will believe, I'm sure.

Second, I have admired you ever since you become our First Lady in January 1993. I didn't vote for your husband in either 1992 or 1996, but I prayed for both of you often, as you sought to serve the people of this great nation. I want to say that my "admiration" should not be translated as my "total agreement" with you, or some of the positions that you held on a number of issues. But, admire you I certainly did. I was in awe of your intellect, your ability to grasp details, and to understand as well as sort through some of the most complex issues in our contemporary society. I still admire you.

Third, this nation owes you a tremendous debt of gratitude for all the hard work you performed in 1993-1994 in bring the "health care" issues to daylight for all Americans. Even though your plan and proposals were defeated, in reality you (and those who worked with you) did this nation a great favor. You spotlighted health care and what it should mean to every citizen of this great land. You are to be profusely thanked for doing such a deed.

Fourth, while you are seeking the Democratic nomination for President of the United States, and should you get it--and be elected to fill the Oval Office in January 2009--please don't forget your own "living history." Please remember all the working people in this nation who have prayed for you, admired you, and listened to you. I've learned a great deal, simply by listening to what you have to say. I've not always agreed--and you probably didn't expect me to always agree. As someone once said "if two agree on everything, then one of them is unnecessary." You have been blest and privileged to hold a great amount of power and influence over significant numbers of inhabitants here in the United States. You have almost had "Rock Star" celebrity status in other nations. Please don't squander that.

Finally, Be honest and ethical in all that you do. Love your husband and your daughter more than you love power, position, or possession. Love your God, and follow His commandments. This life is short, and we only have a limited amount of time to do the very best that we can to honor God and please Him. Be one who forgives, who reconciles, and who builds bridges instead of burning them. We've had enough "burning bridges" already.

The world is watching, Senator Clinton. America is watching. And so is God.

Do it well!

1 comment:

tonymyles said...

I'll bet you we will see many candidates seeking the "God/church vote" this year... I wonder if Sen Clinton will play that one, too.