My buddy Paul...off to Iraq

I have a wonderful, wonderful friend who serves in the United States Army. His name is Paul. He and I have been "pals" now for several years, and he is very much "family" to me. He feels the same way about our relationship, and I am grateful.

He called last night to tell me that he is being deployed to Iraq--maybe as soon as this weekend. He will be gone for at least a year, possibly longer.

Paul is one of the most gracious and godly people that I know. He has a heart of gold. He is one of those people that I feel signally blest to call "brother" and "friend" and "family."

He and his wife have one teenage son in their home. Their teenager is getting ready to graduate high school this summer--and really does need Paul to be there, which doesn't look likely right now.

I'm asking all my readers and friends to please pray for Paul, as he does his country's bidding.

Pray for:

His safety, peace of mind, and effectiveness
His wife and son, who will be remaining here in the USA
His parents who live here in the Midwest
His siblings who are scattered around the country.

Due to security issues, I can't say much more about my buddy. But I will miss him dearly and think of him daily.

No comments: