Happy Birthday, Ann Downing!

My friend, Ann Downing, celebrated her birthday yesterday. So this is a tad bit "belated"...

Her website is www.anndowning.com

Ann, and her late husband Paul, formed the wonderful singing group The Downings many, many years ago. Of course Ann had been singing a long time before "The Downings" ever came to be, having spent time in musical ministry with The Speer Family, and singing on that cotton farm in Mississippi where she grew up.

I have wonderful memories of "The Downings" when I was growing up. I remember my first "Downings" concert at the National Guard Armory in Huntsville, AL in the very early 1970s. What a wonderful, wonderful night of music that was. It was so great that I still remember most of the songs the Downings sung that night.

Some of my favorite Downing songs were:

Gettin' Ready Today
I Feel So Good About It
God's Wonderful People
People

And I still love those songs today. I find myself singing "Gettin' Ready Today" quite often...and it always encourages my heart.

Paul went to heaven some 15 years ago, and Ann, with God's grace and help, has carried on in ministry to people across the globe. She and Paul had a dream of a Middle Tennessee Women's Retreat, and this year's retreat was just the greatest from all the reports I've read.

Please visit her website, and let her know that Phil in Chicago sent you.

Happy Birthday ANN!

No comments: