Let me recommend two great books.

When I Lay My Isaac Down and A New Kind of Normal both written by author/speaker Carol Kent. Her websites are:

http://www.carolkent.org/ and http://www.speakupforhope.org


Carol has an amazing story of God's faithfulness in the life of her family. She and her husband Gene have one child, Jason Paul Kent. A wonderful, brilliant boy, he was a joy to raise. He got an appointment to the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. He graduated with honors. He met the love of his life--at church---and they were soon married.

And then he committed murder. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole...and this changed "everything" in the life of the Kent family.

I first heard Carol's story on LIFE Today with James Robison a year or more ago. It brought tears to my eyes. And I have wanted to read "Isaac" for a long time. Last weekend, as I was volunteering at the Chicago Women of Faith conference, I bought both books (they were on sale, okay?), and have finished reading both of them.

Carol tells an amazing story of heartache, heartbreak, and how the "Healer" and "Friend of the Wounded heart" has come near to her son, her husband, and her own self.

These books are well worth the read. Sometimes, I wonder if Carol and Gene had ever suffered any "set backs" before that fateful day in 1999. But one thing is for sure: that call after midnight in 1999 completely changed their earthly lives. And even more sure: God would see her through all the pain, heartache, and devastation.

He always does.

Let me encourage those of you who read my blog: Please get these two books. Read them, pass them own, and then drop Carol Kent a note, and relate what her written ministry has meant to you.

No comments: