Why I will not vote for BARACK OBAMA for President in November...

I enthusiastically supported Barack H Obama for the United States Senate in 2004.

However, I early on stated that I could not support him for the Presidency, simply because he doesn't have "what it takes" at this present moment to move into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Here are my main reasons for not casting my ballot for the McCain/Biden ticket:

First, his campaign has spouted the slogan, "Change We Can Believe In"...but hasn't bothered laying out the specifics of the "change"--so I can decide whether I want to believe in it or not. It's okay to champion "change"...but then the question becomes, "Change to what?"

Second, Senator Obama has ZERO military experience and policy knowledge. That scares me. That always troubles me for every person who wants to be the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. While I don't believe that extensive military knowledge and experience GUARANTEES success, it certainly doesn't hurt one's ability as the CIC.

Third, while the rhetoric has been lofty, (and often inspiring), I wonder if Senator Obama knows how the country will pay for all of the "stuff" that his "changes" will super-impose on the nation. Democrats are often accused of being "tax-and-spend" liberals...and while that isn't always true, I wonder how the Democratic Party will pay for all the "changes" that seem to be in the political air.

Fourth, for someone who wants to "change Washington", he picks a 36-year veteran of the Washington establishment, who has been in the Senate his entire political career...and has had two failed bids for the Presidency himself. That isn't much of a "change" in my opinion.

Fifth, the people of Illinois sent Barack H Obama to the United States Senate in 2004. He hasn't fulfilled his first term as our Senator--and now he is seeking the highest political office in the land, and possibly the most powerful office in the world. How can I be sure that he can do the job?

Sixth, the people of the United States NEED and DESERVE a person occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue who knows how to definitively answer basic moral questions. Particularly, "life issue" questions. These are not above "his pay grade"....These are things he must know.

1 comment:

M. Steve Heartsill said...

I love your typo...McCain/Biden ticket...

If Obama hadn't chosen him first, McCain might have! :)